Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Story-Tellin' Man

I have participated in and attended many different Christian musicals in my life, from "The Music Machine" to "The Witness", but Ken Medena's "The Story-Tellin' Man" was new to me. Children from Hong Kong International Baptist Church performed the songs and stories about Jesus' parables for us at KIBC this afternoon.


The Good Samaritan


The Lost Coin (Interestingly enough, the girl in front and on the right is wearing a robe made from what looks like our old bedspread. Manou, can you verify?)


The Lost Sheep


The Prodigal Son


It was great to see an African Jesus on stage again.



We liked the song "Let's have a party" best.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! :) I was asked to direct that show at a church once. I didn't know anyone else had ever heard of it! :D It's a cute little show isn't it? "Let's Have a Party" has a way of getting trapped in your head for days... you're not even sure what you're humming and then it comes back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sang this musical in 5th grade, back in the late 70's when it was new. I am now church music director, and did this musical with my children's choirs in 2003. Had the stereo listening on LP and the accompaniment on reel-to-reel, and took both to a recording studio and had them converted to CD. Moved to a new church in 2011, and we are doing this as our spring musical this year!! Timeless...made some adjustments to the slang in the narration, but love the music!!

    ReplyDelete