Thursday, October 29, 2009

Word for the day: WIG WAG

When I hear the word wig wag, I think of the Playschool song about the dog named Rags.


I’ve got a dog and his name is Rags
He eats so much that his tummy sags
His ears flip, flop
& his tail wig wags
And when he walks, he goes zig zag.

He goes flip flop, wig wag, zig zag.
He goes flip flop, wig wag, zig zag.
He goes flip flop, wig wag, zig zag.
I love Rags, and he loves me.


However, last week I saw a sign mentioning a wig wag, and while I had no idea what it meant, I was fairly confident it had nothing to do with either dogs or Playschool.

Maybe my Uncle Ralph is familiar with the word; after all he's a huge train buff.


I, however, had to look it up online to discover the meaning.


So if you are curious, I'll impart my new knowledge. A wig wag is a type of railroad level crossing signal.


So there you have it.


Fascinating post, Renee.

No comments:

Post a Comment